Friday, September 6, 2013

Oblivion Review

Title: Oblivion

Year: 2013

Time: 2hrs 5min

Rating: 4/5

So this movie confused me halfway through (or so) but I sorted it out soon after. It was a good movie but not as good as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I still love the movie but I wish that I'd watched Star Trek Into Darkness (which I was unable to finish! agh!). Alas, I did enjoy the movies I got to watch. This was the third movie I chose.
After the world was attacked Jack (Tom Cruise) now fixes drones in the year 2077 which protects the machines that are sucking up Earth's natural resources. He and Victoria (Andrea Riseborough) believe that they are doing a good gob and that they are going to Titan (a ship in space which supposedly the human race is surviving on at the moment) in two weeks. That all changes when Jack saves the girl from his dreams from getting blasted by drones like the rest of her crew. Julia (Olga Kurylenko) changes his whole world (and Victoria's) when she tells him that he's her husband. She's been asleep for at least 60 years! What does that mean for Jack and Victoria??
Jack and Julia are taken by the rebels who Jack didn't even know were human. There they begin to learn what is going on with the world and who is really running Titan. Jack is needed to destroy Titan before it is too late for Earth but he learns something about himself that shouldn't even be possible. (sorry no spoilers!) When Titan turns on Jack and Julia they have to decide whether they will fight or stay in their little haven by the lake.
Will the aliens win and suck the world dry of all it's natural resources? Will Jack and Julia help the rebels in destroying Titan? Will they survive?
Ok I can't say too much without giving away a huge plot twist. Sorry... I can guarantee (hopefully)  that you will be surprised though and will enjoy it. I love Olga Kurtlenko who plays Julia! She is fabulous at her role! Do you agree with me?? I think I did an ok job at the review...

No comments:

Post a Comment