Monday, February 10, 2014

Ignite Me Review

Title: Ignite Me

Author: Tahereh Mafi

Book: (Shatter Me, #3)

Pages: 408

Rating: 5/5

So in preparation for this book I reread Shatter Me and Unravel Me only to finally get the book and stop reading Unravel Me before I could finish. It was hard to read them since I had the ACT coming up and I had to study for it. Anyway I got the book and ohmysweetgoodness I loved it! I was expecting her to die, even for Warner or Adam to die. Nope! So happy that I was proven wrong! I almost had a panic attack when I thought about this book...
Juliette is supposed to be dead, after all Anderson shot her in the last book, but Warner saved her and took her back to the compound. Omega Point is gone and everyone she knew is believed to be dead but she needs to know for sure. Warner takes her to the site and she finds Kenji there searching for others, just like her. Warner allows her to go with him and so Kenji takes her to their safe house. Adam's home.
Turns out Adam, James (Adam's brother), Kenji, Castle, and a few others made it out alive. Now Adam is happy she is alive but that love turns to hate when he finds out that she has been staying with Warner. That she now trusts everything Warner tells her. Why shouldn't she? He saved her...and he loves her more than Adam ever could, because he understands her. Because he believes in her.
Now it is up to her to gather them all together and begin a new war. One with her in charge. One that she has to win. So now Warner is letting all of them stay safely hidden away in a private room on base where no one can find them. He lets them do whatever they want but no one but Kenji and Juliette know why. Everyone else is blind to the way Waren and Juliette look at each other. Even Juliette isn't sure about her feelings towards Warner. Does she truly love him? It's a fact that she doesn't love Adam. After all he is a selfish jerk who doesn't give a damn that she isn't the same as she used to be. He wants her to be quiet and pathetic. Warner wants her to be herself.
After she rallies all of the troops to her side it is now up to her and Kenji to kill Anderson (who is on a ship) and save the twins, while everyone else is fighting his men. Before any of that happens, though, she professes her love for Warner. YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! (I swear I laughed, jumped, and shouted for joy when that happened! XD)
Will she be able to face Anderson's secret weapon? Will they make it off the ship in one piece? Will the base even still be there when they get back? Will Warner be there waiting for her?
Agh I love the end! I was so happy that I got to finish the series since my friend will not be reading it. After all she is a team Adam fan. :D Me? I've always loved Warner!

No comments:

Post a Comment