Thursday, March 15, 2018

Post 8

About Book:

One of the most relatable quotes from the book, for most people, is "I go through the chores, the correspondence, the obligations of daily life. Again I’m there but not really. The clock is running
in my head; I know I can indulge in daily crap for a little while, but I must cut it off when the bell rings" (McKee, 69). Because most days I just go through the motions to try to get through the day, but I don't actually feel inspired to do anything. Just making it through the day seems like an achievement, especially when all you want to do is go to sleep. As a college student this quote from the book is fairly accurate to what I do Monday-Friday every week. I do the work but I don't do it for pleasure or because I am inspired, I do it because it has to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment