Saturday, December 21, 2013

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Review

Title: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Author: J.K. Rowling

Book: (Harry Potter, #6)

Pages: 652

Rating: 4/5

I liked this book and I saw the movie (unfortunately) so I knew what was going to happen. The movie was wrong about some things but sadly right about others. Tell me, who all knew Snape was a traitor? I on the other hand was torn because I wanted to believe he was good.
Harry leaves hi Aunt and Uncle shortly after arriving when Dumbledore comes to get him.  After a stop along the way Harry finds himself safe with the Weasleys and owner of Sirius's old house. On the train to Hogwarts Harry discovers Draco has joined the Death Eaters but (much to his surprise) his friends don't seem convinced.
When he's back in school he becomes obsessed with finding out what Malfroy is doing but he can't follow him so he sends Dobby and Kreacher to tail him. He also has sessions with Dumbledore in which he learns more about Tom Riddle (You-Know-Who) and what it will take to kill him. You-Know-Who has split his soul in 6-7 (not precisely sure) ways and each has to be destroyed before he can be killed for good.
Dumbledore takes Harry with him to find one of the Horcruxes which makes Dumbledore so weak it is Harry that has to get him back to school. (bet he wished he hadn't!) There they find Death Eaters and discover that Malfroy had gotten them in and that Snape was a traitor. Poor Dumbledore trusted him so much!
Will Harry save Dumbledore from his fate? Will the Order come just in time to save him? Or will Dumbledore parish and the school fall into the hands of You-Know-Who?
So sad how it ended and I had to fight back tears at the end! I enjoyed it though but I'm not too pleased at how it ended so that made me take away some points. Sadly Harry has to continue on his journey alone...Or does he? Find out in my review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!

No comments:

Post a Comment