Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Review

Title: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Author: J.K. Rowling

Book: (Harry Potter, #5)

Pages: 870

Rating: 4.5/5

Agh! I hated one of the characters so much I thought I was going to go mad! I mean who can honestly ignore the signs the You-Know-Who is coming back? *sigh* Alas I was able to make it through without too much hair pulling. I found I enjoyed it quite a bit when the toad wasn't involved.
Harry (once again) is having a boring summer till the day he and Dudley are attacked. (one of the signs that You-Know-Who is coming back...the Ministry lost 50 points!) They survive but the Ministry of Magic is holding a hearing for Harry on whether to sentence him...(I think to Azkaban). Dumbledore gets him off  and Harry learns about The Order of the Phoenix which was created long ago to battle He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. Sirius is involved and Harry, Hermione, Ron, etc. spend time in Sirius's house where the Order resides.
When they get to school they find they have a new professor who is a evil evil woman! Professor Umbridge wants no mention of You-Know-Who and gives horrible punishments to Harry for mentioning his name. She wants him to stop spreading "lies" so she makes his life a living hell. Not to mention that the O.W.L.s are coming up. When Ron's dad is attacked they head back to Sirius's house for the holidays and to take care of Ron's dad. (Harry saw him get attacked by a snake in a vision which means another 50 points are taken from the Ministry!)
Sadly Harry has to go back to Hogwarts to endure through Professor Umbridge (who took over as head of the school when Dumbledore had to flee) and the O.W.L.s that sneak their way closer. When Harry has a dream of Sirius being attacked and tortured he has to find a way to get there and help. But how can he do this when everyone he can tell are gone?
Will they get away from Umbridge and save Sirius? Or is this just a trap meant to gain You-Know-Who a weapon?
Ok I did love it but I must say I was terribly disappointed when one of my favourite characters died! I mean I loved that character! The rest of the book was great though slow in some parts. I'll do a review on the next book when I finish it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment