Thursday, February 1, 2018

Post 2 The War of Art

About Book:

I am still on the first book, or part, of The War of Art and I just have to say I am getting tired of hearing the word "Resistance". It is in every other line and it honestly just means procrastination. In one chapter it compares "Resistance" to Jaws, Alien, and Terminator because "they can't be reasoned with". No, they can't be reasoned with, but they are also things that kill people. "Resistance" doesn't kill people, it just keeps you from doing things you need, or want, to do. I feel "Resistance" every day but I never let it stop me, I never fail to do my work. I might forget it sometimes, but I will never not do it because of "Resistance". I know that this book is good, but I am having a hard time enjoying the first book because of all the bad analogies.

About Group:

Also, I have changed teams on which I am working to build a site because one classmate dropped the class. As a result I have been added to another group, but luckily we are all getting along great. So the people we are doing the website for own Valley Sole, a shoe store, and they need the help improving their website so that it flows more naturally and has better content. Let me tell you a little about the site; their home page logo doesn't match the logo on their store or on any of the other pages on the website, the have a podcast page but only have one podcast posted, people can't order the shoes online but instead have to call the store so the store can order them from the company, and they have an about page that gives a lot more information than was required. My group has divided up the work for the project and we have gotten together and worked on the thumbnail sketches done for our site. I am working on the Shoes and Accessories pages for the site because their layout was confusing and didn't allow a customer to choose a size or a different color. As of right now I have created a mock-up of the site in Illustrator and posted in in our group to see what comments my group members have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment