Thursday, February 22, 2018

Post 5

About Group:

We had another critique today, but there were only two people here that weren't in our group who got to criticize. Our site, for the most part, is done and everyone liked where it was heading. It's a bit challenging when we aren't sent good images to use but we have managed to polish up the website rather nicely. All we really need to do now is add a "wow" factor and social media links, though there was a suggestion of a newsletter, which we might create at a later date. We are still working on making everything work though. Our next step will probably be making sure the website works on a variety of browsers.

About My Personal Website:

I have started putting together my personal website that will contain my portfolio. It has been rough going since the site I was going to host it on, Hostgator, made me upset when it decided to try and charge me $136.00 for my site. What made it even worse for me is that it had promised that it would be $2.99 per month but wouldn't let me pay monthly. But I digress, I had help from a friend and we found me another site that ended up being a perfect fit for me. The site is called 1&1 Internet Inc. and it is so simple to use. It allows you to see it in laptop mode, tablet mode, and phone mode which allows you to edit it so that everything is readable. Thanks to this site I managed to throw my website together pretty quickly, though I need to still edit pictures and the text that came with the template. Other than that I am very happy with the work I have done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment