Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Review

Title: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Author: J.K. Rowling

Book: (Harry Potter, #4)

Pages: 734

Rating: 5/5

Let me just say...I loved it! It took a bit longer to read (unfortunately) because I rarely had time to read for a few days. Next let me say that this book (when I found it) was in terrible condition...It had sections falling out and everything! D: How could someone do that to a book? Anyway I enjoyed the book though I had to be very very careful with it so it didn't fall apart again...
Well Harry's at it again! After an almost decent summer in which Dudley had to go on a diet Ron's family shows up for Harry. Needless to say that Ron's brothers played a joke on Dudley in which his tongue...elongated to the point it looked like a snake. (hahaha!  love those boys and their tricks!) The Weaselys take him to the International Quidditch Cup where after the game some strange (spooky) things begin to happen. Leading everyone to wonder if He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named has come back.
Back at school with his friends once again someone is out to kill Harry. No one actually attacks him but they do put his name in the Goblet of Fire in hopes that he'll be killed. (if only he knew the truth!) Now he has to survive three trials to win the Cup with everyone thinking he put his name in the Goblet. Now instead of three people competing (from different schools) there are now four (Harry's the fourth).
Will Harry win the cup and become a hero? Will everything go back to normal? Or will everything take a twisted turn into something everyone has been dreading?
It was a tad long but it was totally worth it! The end (a little before it) took me by surprise and I pride myself with being able to guess what is coming. Sheesh was I wrong! I'm glad though that it was able to do that. It doesn't happen often enough...
I'm rereading all of the Harry Potter books since I was on so many trains during the trip and because I went to London! Kind of figured I had to read the books again...

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Harry Potter is amazing isn't it! The way Rowling writes is just incredible.
    I like your blog, you've got a new follower!

    Myra
    http://imlovingbooks.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Yeah I love Rowling's writing! Thanks for following!

      Delete