Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Host Movie Review

Title: The Host

Year: 2013

Time: 2hrs 5min

Rating: 5/5

Ohmyfreakinggoodness! I loved this movie so much! I mean it isn't that different than the book (The Host) by Stephanie Meyer so the director did a bang-up job! When I say I loved it I mean I loved it so much I jumped up and down on my bed...I found it on YouTube...XD Muahaha! I hope it doesn't get taken off now but if it does I'm sorry. And sorry I took so long to finally watch and review this movie...
Melanie (Saoirse Ronan) considers herself to be one of the few remaining humans left on Earth after people were taken over by aliens. They may look like people but their eyes are ringed with blue which tells you they are a host. When she gives her life to save her brother Jamie (Chandler Canterbury) and her boyfriend Jared (Max Irons) she thought she would carry the secret of where they were to her grave. What she didn't expect was to survive and be a host to Wanderer who tries to find out the secret of where the resistance is hiding. Wanderer feels for Melanie and is tricked into running into the arms of the resistance who almost kill her. Only Uncle Jeb (William Hurt) stands up for her.
She begins to earn their trust and she begins to fall for Ian (Jake Abel) much to Melanie's disgust. The Seeker (Diane Kruger) doesn't give up the search for Wanderer though and becomes a threat to the safety of the resistance. Wanda (now called that because of Uncle Jeb) is almost killed, treated like a disease, and beat up but yet she still overcomes and Ian falls for her too. Jamie and Jared also know Melanie is in there so they don't give up hope. When Jamie is hurt Jared has to trust Wanda and they go get the medicine from her kind.
Wanda (after a traumatic experience) loses Melanie so she fights to get her back and teaches the doctor how to extract the Souls from the bodies of humans on a few conditions. One of them is that she is allowed to die. D,:
When her time comes will they allow her to die like she wanted? What will happen to Ian is she dies? Melanie will get Jared and Jamie back so what does Wanda stand to lose except Ian? Are they really as alone as they thought?
So I know I did a horrible job at the description of the movie but hey! At least I can assure you if you love the book you won't absolutely hate the movie. There have been many movies that were so unlike the book I was laughing at how bad they were...*cough Percy Jackson #1 and Eragon cough* hope you like my review and if you do I'm glad...

2 comments:

  1. I thought that this movie did a really good job of staying true to the book. I didn't love it quite as much as the book and I'm not sure if I would have loved it without reading the book first, but I still really enjoyed it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book really is great! I never hear anyone talk about the book which is really sad...

      Delete