Thursday, October 24, 2013

Hunting Ground Review

Title: Hunting Ground

Author: Patricia Briggs

Book: (Alpha & Omega, #2)

Pages: 286

Rating: 4.5/5

This book follows Cry Wolf and is the 2nd in the Alfa & Omega Novels. So far there are three but I will post on the 3rd later on. Knowing there's a third book kind of gives away the ending...Well I liked this book and it took me quite a while to figure out who the bad guy was. There were many bad guys but I found it hard to believe it was him until I figured out why. Make any sense?
Anna has been mated to Charles for about a month now and they are going up to Seattle, Washington for a conference. Marrok (the Alfa of their pack) wants to let the world know about werewolves and so he was supposed to meet them there to address their concerns. He sends Anna and Charles instead because Charles has a bad feeling about his father going.
Well since she is an Omega (very rare) almost everyone wants her. Whether it be the Beast (very scary guy) or some unknown person who is hiring a hit team of vampires to get a hold of her. Luckily she escapes their first attack but they continue to kill. They kill...haha I'm not spilling the beans. They use some sort of magic (much like the pack magic) to conceal themselves from everyone which makes it hard to prepare for an attack.
As the conference goes on one enemy is revealed but the one who hires vamps is still a mystery. When Anna is kidnapped though Charles will do anything to get her back. Even kill the only ones who can tell him who hired them.
It becomes apparent who the crazy one is (I figured it out a little before the person was revealed) once Charles starts to...well taunt him. Once the madman is taken care one of the old enemies surfaces and tries to kill Charles. It is up to a wounded Anna to save him yet again. Will she be in time though?
I loved this book! It was a bit stressful and I wasn't expecting one of the deaths but it still made for a great read. Make sure to read the first book so you understand what's going on. Trust me when I say you will be lost in places if you don't. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment