Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Madness Underneath Review


Title: The Madness Underneath

Author: Maureen Johnson

Book: (Shades of London, #2)

Pages: 304

Rating: 1.5/5 (being generous here!)

Let me start off by saying I had high hopes for this book. They were dashed halfway through though! I was bored through most of it and at the end I was so mad my dad began to ask if I was ok. Frankly I am not ok! I am seriously pissed at the author for doing this to me! Well not to me but still! Who does that to a main character? I'm getting ahead of myself though so let me explain.
The characters are the same which is always nice but in this one Jerome got on my nerves. Well Rory feels like she is going crazy and she is failing all her classes. So life is pretty much miserable. That pretty much sums up most of the book...(personally I would've dug into my schoolwork to try and forget about the stabbing...) Good news is that she breaks up with Jerome! YAY! Bad news is that she gets involved with crazy people. These crazy people can see ghosts too! They want to cheat death or something. Really crazy!
Stephen, Boo, and Callum save her from them but Stephen is hurt in the process. It didn't seem big at the time but he ended up in a coma. Worse news! Rory, as he dies, (I believe) turns him into a ghost! Whaaaaa? Not right! After they finally kissed she turns him into a freaking ghost! Not fair! He was my favorite character! D: Soooooooooooo upset! Why did she have to kill him off? It's so not right! And I'm not sorry I ruined the book for you all because this is an awful book!

No comments:

Post a Comment