Wednesday, June 19, 2013

How To Steal A Million Movie Review


Title: How to Steal a Million

Year: 1966

Time: 2hrs 7min

Rating: 5/5

I know I usually post about books but I will occasionally post about movies that I enjoy and recommend for everyone else. This is one that slipped through the crack when my mom insisted I watch old movies. I've watched way TOO many old movies! For me an old movie is anything before 1990 because some are so so sooooo bad! This movie was released in 1966! WOW! I was apprehensive about watching it even though it had Audrey Hepburn (my FAVORITE actress!) in it. I have a problem with starting movies unless I've seen them before so it was hard for me to sit down and watch it. Don't ask me why because I don't know...I'm so glad I watched it though! I was laughing almost the whole time!
Nicole (Audrey Hepburn) is the daughter of the art forger Bonnet (Hugh Griffith). Mr. Bonnet is so hilarious and his appearances match what you would expect an good natured old art forger to look like. (Oh I'm stereotyping! Sorry!) When the museum borrows a piece of art (Venus statue), that Nicole's grandfather forged using her grandmother as a model, Nicole worries about them doing tests on it to prove it is authentic. Nicole isn't good at lying...
One night Simon Dermott (Peter O'Toole) breaks into their house to get a sample from a painting to see if it is a forgery. Slight problem to his plan...Nicole ends up accidentally shooting him in the arm. She believes he is a robber and when she sees (thinks she sees) that he is trying to steal a forgery she knows she can't call the police. That would get her father in trouble for forgery!
So she drives him to his place at the Ritz and thinks that is the end of it. Boy is she wrong! Simon is infatuated with her and she can't seem to get rid of him. When she and her father learn that the statue is going to be tested for authenticity Nicole goes to Simon for help. Since she believes he's a burglar she thinks he can help her steal it back! HAHAHA!
Oh the way they go about trying to steal it had me falling out of my chair laughing! I love this movie so much!
Long story short they fall in love. Ahhhhh...Amore! (Gah I hopped I spelled it right!) :O
This movie is so funny! The two of them are so funny together! XD This is one of the best romantic comedies that that I've seen and I recommend it for everyone no matter what age you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment