Friday, June 28, 2013

White House Down Movie Review


Title: White House Down

Year: 2013

Time: 2hrs 17min

Rating: 4/5

When I saw this movie preview I thought it looked an awful lot like Olympus Has Fallen. Well I'm not sure if it is since I haven't seen OHF yet. Don't tell me anything! I must say I LOVED White House Down though! When the movie was over I couldn't stop shaking! It was sooooooooo intense!
John Cale (Channing Tatum) is on a protective detail for the Secretary of State (I think) and he goes to the White House to apply for Secret Service Detail. Unlucky for him he didn't make the cut so he and his daughter (who thinks he is now in the Secret Service) go on a tour of the White House. They meet President James Sawyer (Jamie Foxx) who Emily Cale (Joey King) records him for her Internet Blog. I love this little girl! So smart!
That's when it all goes to hell! Where to begin... Well "terrorist" break into the White House and blow up the Capitol building too! These guys are pros but they never expected Cale to be able to take them on. He and the President hide from the "terrorists" and occasionally take a few out.
I'm saying "terrorists" like this because they are Americans and work with the top guy in the Secret Service who turned on the President. (trying NOT to spoil anything here!)
Needless to say there are quite a few (good looking XD) bad guys and Emily managed to post a video of them on her blog before she got caught. She is SOOOOOO brave! (I wouldn't have let myself get caught though)
Oh my goodness I LOVED this movie! It rocked! So it was very unbelievable! I didn't start picking it apart till after the movie ended. My family and I always pick movie apart when we have time to think about it. Kind of ruins things...it's still a kickass movie though!

No comments:

Post a Comment