Sunday, June 23, 2013

Out of Sight Movie Review


Title: Out of Sight

Year: 1998

Time: 2hr 2min

Rating: 3.5/5

Ok I lied...I will be doing quite a few movie reviews when I have the time. XD I figured that movies are occasionally as good as books. Sometimes the movies are much better than books! Like the Lord of the Rings movies are much better than the books...Does anyone disagree?
This movie is a comedy though is does have action and crime in it. It was made in 1998. Some parts of it a REALLY stupid but overall I loved this movie. Mainly I didn't care for Jennifer Lopez who in the movie is dating a married man. I mean why do women do that? Why ruin someone's life like that?
Jack Foley (George Clooney) is a career bank robber who's only fault is he keeps getting caught. He's great at robbing banks (don't get me wrong) but the last few times he's gotten locked up. When he escapes from prison he and a friend steal Karen Sisco's (Jennifer Lopez) car and she just happens to be in the trunk with Jack. HAHAHA! So it all begins!
Karen is a US Marshal who goes after Jack after she escapes. Jack and his partner Buddy Bragg (Ving Rhames) go after diamonds that a rich man has. Richard Ripley (Albert Brooks) was in jail with the two of them and Jack has a grudge against Ripley.
Unfortunately they meet up with another guy (VERY bad guy) that they were in jail with too and all his buddies (REALLY evil guys). It's a race to see who gets to the diamonds first but will it cost Jack his life and future with Karen.
Ok it is kind of a romantic comedy and a bit stupid. I just LOVE George Clooney though! They work well together in this movie though my opinion of Jennifer Lopez isn't as high as it once was (not just because of the movie but because of other things).

No comments:

Post a Comment