Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sahara Movie Review


Title: Sahara

Year: 2005

Time: 2hrs 3min

Rating: 4.5/5

This is a great movie that I've watched so many times I know almost all the lines! It is funny but it is serious too! A wonderful combination! It's based on a book by Clive Cussler called Sahara. I haven't read it yet but I hope to read it later on after I read the rest of the series. The movie was released in 2005 and made $68,642,448. To me that's amazing!
Dirk Pitt (Matthew McConaughey) and Al Giordino (Steve Zahn) are both men who find underwater treasure. Well Dirk is the one who does. Al is just helps him on the NUMA ship. Dirk saves Eva Rojas (Penelope Cruz) from being killed by some men and he takes her upriver to Mali. Dirk and Al are looking for an ironclad that sailed up the river sometime after the Civil War.
She is a doctor with the WHO (World Health Organization) and they are investigating the source of a plague in the region. Some men don't want her to find the source though and are willing to kill her to keep it a secret.
When Dirk, Al, and Rudi (Rainn Wilson) their researcher, get attacked by soldiers who are looking for the doctor they decide to go after her. Dirk and Al save Eva after her colleagues are all killed by General Zateb Kazim (Lennie James) and his men. Together they go after the source and manage to find it. It wasn't what they were expecting at all.
Will they be able to stop the plague from spreading across the whole world? Will they be able to find the ironclad as they do so? Will they be able to make it out of there alive?
Yes I'm good at making things dramatic but it really IS intense! I don't really have a favorite part but I have to say the music is great! It is kind of old music but to me (who's mom made me listen to it as I grew up) the music fits perfectly with the movie. It is so funny and I recommend it for everyone that loves adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment